Tuesday, June 3, 2008

FFP Update with PICS~!

I have actually been working on the Final Fire Pro translation again! I know it's hard to believe, but I actually did something I said I was going to do...

Last week I decided to start over with a new ROM rather than continue the one I had started, like, five freakin' years ago. Bah gawd, has it been that long already...?

There was this odd bug in my old version, which didn't really affect the function of the game at all, but it still bugged me (pun unintended), and I had no idea what caused it, which along with the jumbled mess of iffy translations the hack had become, inspired me to start over.

Anyway, things are going much faster this time around, as I've got more experience than I did when I was working on the old one (in translating from Japanese, altering this particular game and ROM hacking in general). I've finally been doing the menu graphics, too! After I literally worked one whole day on one menu screen, I've gotten better at the whole process, and I've done quite a few more in the following days, as can be seen here:







YEAH!

Still have a lot more to go...

...

Plus re-doing a million lines of text... D'oh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. A lot better than the graphics I hacked in. :B

SonnyBone said...

This would make buildings collapse.

Please.

We need a terrorist attack in the form of a fucking ffp haxor.

*bows*

One day, you'll be hacking FPD download moves into Suplex.
WTF