So, over the past week or two, I've been sporadically messing with ye olde wrestling game hacking stuff.
First, I found out that King of Colosseum II apparently doesn't like h4x0red r4ssl3rs...
I wanted to see if you could make an overpowered character by setting the attack parameters higher than a '10', like how my stupid old program FPDEdit allowed for Fire Pro D. Since I figured there'd be some sort of save checksum, I didn't even try to edit the save file in a hex editor, but used a RAM editor while running KOC2 in the PCSX2 emulator.
I found the right spot(s) in memory, changed the values, and checked out the move selection menu, where sure enough the wrestler had his ridiculously high stats assigned. So, I backed out and saved to the virtual memory card. At this point, I can't remember for sure if I went back to the edit menu, tried a match in the emulator or copied the save file to the real PS2 memory card and played the match there...
Whatever I did, I eventually found out that during either the memory card save or load process, the game reset all the wrestler's stats to default. The thing is, I don't know if it was solely because of the parameters or because the total edit points exceeded the limit, and I never got around to testing if there was a way around it...
I did get it to work somewhat, though, as I later changed the values in RAM again, and then went directly to a match rather than saving the changes to the file, where the changes stayed intact.
There are also other 'hidden' wrestler appearance parts and moves in the game, but I haven't seen if it's possible to save those to file yet, either...
On to Final Fire Pro, I got to working on the translation again, and of course like every time I do so, I wound up getting distracted by playing the game. By the end of my MOR season, my original fed had EVERY GROUP'S TITLE. The title list on the ranking screen was hilarious, as my fed had between 700-800k points, while the rest had ZERO. In fact, it was so many points, that I would've wound up ranked first overall even if I would've been last in all the other categories. :P
Of course, I constantly 'cheat' while I'm playing, but still... :X
Anyway, I also had a thought that it may be possible to expand the move/animation data, so that I'm not limited to the currently used space if I wanted to add more moves, but I still need to test the theory out... And of course, it'll take forever for me to actually USE that space even if it is doable, but SUCKAS GOTS TO KNOW!
WTF
YOU STOLE MY MOVE!
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Unused parts of RAM hanging aroond that could be reclaimed for the movelist? Or am I thinking too hard? :p
YEAH! I was just thinking there's more than enough empty space in the ROM to fit all the move data, so I could theoretically copy it, make whatever necessary additions and then move it into that unused space (and update the pointers).
(I suppose it's also possible to just expand each move data section from where it originally starts, but then you'd also have to move EVERYTHING else that's after that, and change too many pointers, which is why I'd prefer to do it the other way.)
My only worry is that I'm not sure if the game simply reads data from starting pointer to end pointer values or if it's somehow hardcoded to the size of the current data (which I guess could be changed, but it'd be more difficult).
Sad thing is, if this can actually work, that the GBA game is the only Fire Pro that can realistically have a lot of moves added to it, since you don't have to worry about RAM limitations...
Update, awesome.
Very cool idea with the moves. From what source would you get the additional moves. Could moves be taken from FPR?
I think you have already answered this in the past, but could new types of moves be hacked in. Corner to center moves for example (I would guess no).
Additional moves would be huge for this game. My major gripe with this game these days is that there are so many new moves that are missing (that and the fact that you can only have 4 dudes in the ring).
More moves would really breath more life into this game.
On a side note, do you think it's possible to add different pictures to the game. I figured out how to add new heads, but I couldn't get any further than that. I tried to add a WWE ring logo, but I just couldn't figure it out. Most likely its just my lack of skill.
Awesome stuff!
Hello Jason!
I'd like to contact you in private. I've sent you a message to your youtube account, where you have FP videos, please check that! And you can delete this message since it's offtopic. (I couldn't find any option here for PM -ing, sorry.)
Thanks!
I just stumbled on this blog, it's really cool to see what you're working on. Another update would be great too seeing how far you've progressed and so forth.
Post a Comment